App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80131902
Mike Stone tonight came across an interesting issue, not with rainbow, but an issue nonetheless.
When he downloaded and went to run Rainbow 2.0 He came accross the following message
"Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80131902"
Basically, this happens on first time 2.0 runs sometimes, not sure why, but the following seems to fix the problem. My suspicions and research lead me to believe it has to do with web servies referenced. To fix it, try the following....
- With a command window, get to the latest version of .net under
- Now run the following command: "net stop w3svc" to stop web services.
- Then use "aspnet_regiis.exe -ua" to uninstall all instances of ASP.NET from IIS.
- Follow with "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" to install ASP.NET into IIS.
- Now restart web services with "net start w3svc".